Periodontal Plastic Surgery
Many of the procedures involving the gum and bone can be considered as Periodontal Plastic Surgery, improving many different situations such as:
- Gummy Smiles (Esthetic Crown Lengthening)
- Uneven Gum Tissue Height (Esthetic Crown Lengthening)
- Missing Teeth (Dental Implants)
- Defects in the bone (Ridge Augmentation)
- Combination Therapy – Many periodontal procedures can be combined to produce a desired outcome including proper alignment, shape and tooth color.
These procedures can be used to cover unsightly, sensitive or exposed tooth root surfaces and can also prevent future gum recession. When it comes to Plastic Surgery, it can also be about the appearance of your smile. Your smile can be enhanced using a combination of periodontal procedures.
By reshaping excess gum and bone tissue, we can expose more of your own natural tooth. We can do this to just one tooth or to the entire arch to create a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing smile.
At South Calgary Periodontal Group, we are always welcoming new patients!
Call us at (403) 278-5446 to book your Periodontal Plastic Surgery consultation appointment today!